This was one of the lunch table topics yesterday. I know it’s a bit geeky for a lunch time conversation. But hey, I work for a software firm!
Anyway, I thought I would take the discussion further by writing a post about it. Here are some thoughts by my fellow colleagues.
* Most people who write books have blogs. They use the blog as a means of advertising for the book. In order to create an interest about the book, the blog entries revolve around book.
* A blog post can be read and done with in quick time. It was argued that it is sometimes a summarized version of a book.
* Blogs are free, books are not!
My 2 cents on the matter
* Books are generally centered around one main goal or rather a central idea. Every chapter in book is structure in a manner to achieve that goal. (Generally speaking of course!)
*Unless it’s a series of posts, blog entries are rarely inter-related.
* Not everyone who has a blog write a book. In terms of sharing ideas, the possibilities are endless.
* For novels/ fiction etc you NEED books. I can’t picture myself reading a novel on a blog.
* Books are more portable and hazzle free!
My Conclusion: we need the best of both worlds. What your view on this?
Why In The World Do I Blog
What Every Blogger Ought To Know About Outstanding Bloggers
Do You Know The Most Important Parameter For Building A Better Blog?
Enjoy the Post? Please bookmark it and share it with others.Del.icio.usDiggReddit Stumble Tweet this!