1. Wake up to musicSometimes, a morning funk can ruin your entire day. So it is always best to start your day on a happy foot.
Most of my life, I had a boring and annoying "beeping" alarm clock. When the alarm went off each morning, I always wished I had a few extra minutes to sleep! Things changed when I received a "sophisticated" radio as a birthday gift, for my 21st birthday. I can set the alarm to a radio station, a CD or even my own playlist.
I generally have a couple of pre-created playlists. I load the playlist the previous night. It takes less than two minutes to choose one and set it up. Waking up to songs like "Manic Monday" on a Monday morning can really put a smile on your face!
2. Commute with musicI am sure most of you are already doing this. I wanted to add this anyway!
3. Increase your productivity by listening to musicI don’t know how many of you have the liberty of listening to music while working. I do! My work mostly involves sitting in front of a computer. Usually before I begin task, I find a playlist suited for my current mood, put my headphones and I am all geared up.
Listening to music through headphones also helps my concentration, and keeps me focused. It is a good way to shut out what’s happening in the background.
Note: if you are taking care of an infant, I wouldn’t recommend this!
4. Music makes exercise more effectiveStudies have shown that listening to music during exercise can improve results, both in terms of being a motivator (people exercise longer and more vigorously to music) and as a distraction from negatives like fatigue. When totally absorbed in music, the focus changes from what your body is experiencing to the external sounds you’re hearing.
Last Friday, I was detained at work and got a bit late to go to my fitness center (my regular swim). It seems they switch on the radio at that time of the night. When I was underwater, I was able to hear the soothing music. It really was very relaxing. Now I know the best time to go for a swim!
5. Personalize your ring tones and ring-in tonesYou can use the caller id feature, and customize ring tones. Wouldn’t it be nice to know who is calling from the ring tone? I have a friend, who has configured the ring tones in such way that every time his girlfriend calls it plays the song, "Crazy For you" and when one of his ex’s call the ring tone is "To all the girls I loved before"!
Some telephone networks provided ring-in tones. It simply means that depending on the person who is calling you, you can choose a song to play.
Once upon a time, there was a guy in my university who had a crush on me. One day I was touched (and surprised!) to hear the Beatles "Let It Be Me" song play when I called him. Ring-in tones can be a thoughtful way of making the caller feel special.
6. When burdened with boring choresBelieve me, music has the power to make those ad-hoc boring tasks (we all have to do once in a while) a little more interesting! It’s all about finding the right songs to play.
7. Relax with musicThere are times when we all want to get away from the hustle and bustle of everyday life. The worst part is, you can go very far!
When confronted with times like these, find some soothing music (instrumental classics are the best!) and a quite corner. Just listening to this type of music can make you feel calm and relaxed.
8. Listen to music when eating vegetables!You know those green vegetables are good for you even though eating it is not always appetizing. Have some music when you are eating and you might notice those vegetables disappear. This approach should not be used for ice cream and chocolate!
There is one more thing you can do while listening to music. I am a bit too modest (and embarrassed!) to write it here. I think we all know what it is ;-)
Enjoy the Post? Please bookmark it and share it with others.Del.icio.usDiggReddit Stumble Tweet this!