Who and what we surround ourselves with, have a great deal to do with creating an environment that either champions us to be all we can be, or sabotages us in this effort.
Over the years, I have been privileged to know some very inspiring people. They come from diverse backgrounds and wear an invisible “inspiration cloak” of their own.
Inspiring people have the ability to,
Do something which capture our mind and stirs our heart.
Inspire a self-generated force that motivates us to take action.
For a long time, I wondered, "Wow, how does he/she manage to do it?" It took me some time to realize that inspiring others is NOT just some divine gift bestowed upon specific people; it’s a gift we all possess.
There is a reason why people cheer at football matches, cry at funerals and laugh at jokes; we are all affected by each other. Your actions make a difference in my life and my actions make a difference in your life. As a result, certain vital actions CAN inspire and motivate others.
1. Make a small difference in someone’s life every day. It can be simple as helping a total stranger or an act of appreciation. The personal benefit, however, is huge in terms of how you’ll feel when you go to bed at night. It really is a nice feeling to realize that you have made a positive difference in the life of another human being. Sometimes the people you help will know it was you who did it, and other times they will never know.
Sometimes your efforts are noticed and appreciated; other times they are not. None of this matters. All that matters is that you know and that you get the positive feelings that result.
2. Trust Yourself. If you don’t believe in yourself, why would anyone else? Have confidence in your abilities. We all have something we are good at. For as long as you put your heart to it, you have the ability to make important changes.
3. Keep your word. Your reputation can take you places or bar you from them. If you say you will do something, do it! Don’t commit to something you can’t follow though, as it will create hairline fractures in your trustworthiness.
4. Be a good communicator. Increasing your ability to communicate effectively is a critical element to inspire others. Learn to listen more and speak less! Pay close attention to both what you say and how you say it. Your body language and tone of voice will give you away!
5. Get better at giving feedback. Be generous with words of praise. Give credit where credit is due, including public praise for a job well done. If you have to criticize, do it gently and give suggestions for improvement.
6. Give people confidence to reach their full potential. Fear is one of the main elements that prevent us from doing our best. From time to time, we all need some encouragement and a “gentle push” to do our best.
7. Share from your own experience. You have certain experiences that are unique to you. Stories are a way of revealing who we are and how we think. Stories allow you to point out behaviors and values without sounding as if you’re bragging or giving a lecture.
8. Be vulnerable. No one is perfect; when mistakes occur, graciously accept the consequences.
9. Develop a sense of humor. Finding humor in things is one of life’s greatest pleasures. Most people are drawn to a person who can make them laugh; a person with a good sense of humor is a joy to be around.
10. Don’t forget your roots. You are what you are today because of your family, friends, schools, previous jobs, and places you’ve lived. If you leave it all behind, you lose touch with an integral part of you.
Who are the most inspiring people in your life? What distinguishes them from the rest of the crowd?
- Give Yourself An Attitude Tune-Up
- Character: What Every Person Ought To Know
- Perfect Your Work Poker-Face (Looking Like It’s Under Control When It Isn’t)
- 7 Ways – How NOT to annoy people
Enjoy the Post? Please bookmark it and share it with others.Del.icio.usDiggReddit Stumble Tweet this!