While it is recommended that you sleep for 6-8 daily, there are some nights where sleep becomes a luxury. Whether it’s a 20 hour work day, caring for a sick child, cramming for an exam, a late night party or the sheer though of getting married the following day(!!), [add your list here] can leave you weary eyed and lethargic the following day.
Staying energized and getting through the following day might sound like a daunting task, but it is possible. Here are 7 ways to help you do just that.
1. Exercise. I can hear you morn. This is probably the last thing you want to do when you haven’t had sleep. No, I am not talking about a high intensity workout. A 10-15 minutes exercise session can give you an energy boost. If you are too tired for even that, try stretching. A few simple arm and leg stretches will wake up your cells and give you an instant burst of alert.
2. Take a cold/cool shower.Ok, now I know you really want to strangle me! I know this sounds silly, but it works! It has a motivating effect and will definitely “wake up” the brain!
3. Don’t skip breakfast.When we are pressed for time in the morning, one thing we tend to compromise on is our breakfast. Skipping breakfast on top of a sleepless night, is definitely not way to revive a tired body.
Metabolism researcher Dr.William Evans, recommends whole grains like brown rice and whole-wheat bread. Apparently, fiber provides a long-lasting source of energy for your brain and muscles.
You should try having a glass of juice as well. Whether it’s orange juice, apple juice or grape juice they contain healthy amounts of sugars, nutrients, and vitamins that will lace your brain cells with energy.
4. Listen to some upbeat songs. There are some songs that have the ability to get your toes tapping irrespective of how sleepy you are. Stock up your ipod or media player with a few of these songs. They come in handy, when a cold shower is not an option!
5. Get some fresh air. If the weather is accommodating, step outside. Fresh air has a very soothing and revitalizing effect. The change of scenery will also be refreshing, even if it is for a short period.
6. Have a good laugh! If you are not surround by a jovial character, there’s always YouTube! I read somewhere that laughing revs up the respiratory system and oxygenates the body.
7. Choose a scent. I don’t know about you but I feel revived when I put on some perfume. You can also try scented candles or even sniff a lemon, orange etc.
How do you keep yourself vitalized, after a sleep deprived night?
- 8 Skinny Habits To Lose Weight Naturally
- Relax and Unwind-Without Spending Any Money!
- Staying Motivated When We Don't Loose Weight, The Way We Want!
- Top 5 Ways To Make Your Week-End Last Longer
Enjoy the Post? Please bookmark it and share it with others.Del.icio.usDiggReddit Stumble Tweet this!