Most of the yearly review posts I read (on other blogs) indicated that they had a fairly traumatic 2008(economy etc). This post is a recap of my life this year and what I hope to achieve in 2009.
- I learned a new instrument. I can now play the guitar without driving my neighbors crazy!
- I am more confident with my driving, than I was a year ago.
- I now weigh 45Kgs. (I was consistent with my exercise routine and lost about 10Kgs within the year.)
- I started weaving ideas for a book.
In many areas, I was “playing it safe”. Looking back, I believe could have taken more “calculated risks”.
As I have mentioned in the my About page, what I write here is based on my incidental gleanings. 2008, has indeed been an eye opener!
A few noteworthy things I personally came to understand and believe in (…the hard way) this year…
- Never let anyone persuade me for a “third chance”.
- Never make someone a priority, who makes me an option.
- However good or bad a situation is… it will change.
Year’s end is neither an end nor a beginning, but a going on, with all the wisdom that experience can instill in us.~Hal Borland
I am thankful…
I’m immensely grateful for all the people who helped me get through several difficult periods of this year.
My Goals for 2009
I am generally a very “private” person. I had to really squeeze my neck to publish this post! I wanted to list this out here, so that I will feel more accountable for it. I plan on reviewing these goals on the last week of December 2009!
Writing: Complete the first draft of my book
Health : Stay true to my exercise routine (no matter how busy!)
Finance: Find ways to double ROI
Love : Take a leap of faith!
Career : Broaden my technical expertise
General : Stop worrying about how big a challenge is and focus on the best way to achieve it.... in stages!
As the last post for this year, let me leave you with this. If you could have one wish come true for the coming year, what would it be?
Enjoy the Post? Please bookmark it and share it with others.Del.icio.usDiggReddit Stumble Tweet this!