When talking about new year goals some people are skeptical. I was too… up until a few years ago. The main reason I didn’t believe in setting new year goals is because I didn’t follow through. Sure, I would be excited about it in the month of January. February, a little less.. By March.. its slipping away.. April.. it’s a forgotten memory!
I was reluctant to set such goals because
1. I couldn’t stay committed
2. I would be disappointed (with a dose of guilt!)
On the other hand, setting new year goals
- It inspires you to do something.
- Helps you decide what you want to achieve.
- Increase your energy levels.
- Helps you remain in control of your life.
- Gives you a reason and value for your existence.
- Eliminates the irrelevant and unimportant.
The problem… I was going with the flow and just setting new year goals for the "sake of doing so". Now, I am more “cautious” in setting goals. If I don’t have the desire and passion, to see it through it does not make it to my new year goals. At the end of the day.. the question is….
How Badly Do You Want it?
Bad enough to ask yourself EVERYDAY for the rest of year, “What are the most important things I can do today to take me nearer to my goal?”
Bad enough to be self motivated?
Do you want it bad enough, to MOVE from thinking to DOING?
Bad enough to make sacrifices? when everything else is so tempting?
Do you want it bad enough to get rid of procrastination?
If the answer is “No”, its time to re-visit the goals ;-0)
Do you believe in setting new year goals? How do you keep plan to keep yourself on track?
- 7 Things To Be Cautious Of In Year 2008 And Beyond
- Are We There Yet?
- 6 Timeless Ways To Stay Out Of Trouble
- 10 Vital Actions To Inspire Others And Gain Respect
Enjoy the Post? Please bookmark it and share it with others.Del.icio.usDiggReddit Stumble Tweet this!