The mind is like a vehicle! It’s given in good condition with sufficient fuel! The way you steer the wheel (THINKING!) , can lead you to “wonderful treasures” or “destructive destinations” ever known to mankind.
Perhaps, the world would be a better place, if more people spent time “thinking” about circumstances, consequences, decisions BEFORE taking action. Anyone you can think of? politicians, media folks, Ex-s … ahem..
What about you? Are you a moderate thinker? Heavy thinker?
How do you know, when heavy thinking is gradually ruining your life? The simplest answer is that it paralyzes you in certain functions of your daily lifestyle.
- You can’t get that problem or situation out of your mind (a distraction, obviously!)
- You thought about all angles, but it still does not make sense.
- You think that if you spend enough time thinking about it, you will figure it out.
- Over stress yourself and occasionally those around you.
At some point in life, we all go through these phrases of heavy thinking. However, if it is a part of your everyday routine, where you....
- Run things that happened to you over and over in your head
- Think “I should have said this”, “I could have done this”, “I wonder what he/she thinks of me”
- Then… it will become a problem.
Heavy thinking can lead to..Worry By over thinking things, you make them more and more complicated in your mind. It can turn something fairly simple, into a big pile of worry!
Over-caution All the “what if” questions can sometimes lead to negativity.
Doubt Many people doubt the past, doubt the future, doubt each other, doubt the possibilities and doubt the opportunities. Worse of all, they doubt themselves.
Indecision When worry, over-caution and doubt come into the equation, making a decision can be a daunting task.
Things to do when over thinking takes over the mind
If you have already tried praying, meditating, exercising, here are a few things to remember.
There are some things, despite your best effort you will not be able to change it. You may not LIKE it, but you must ACCEPT them, and move on.
It’s near impossible to find a “exact point” where you will have “everything figured out”.
Try not to constantly relive situations and wish you had made different choices.
Things may be hard and difficult. Your mind has the ability to make it even harder!
Set a deadline for decisions that you postpone. For example, over this week-end I will decide on …..
All that we are is the result of what we have thought. The mind is everything. What we think, we become.~ Lord Buddha
“Thinking” is something that is common to each of us. How do you manage to strike a balance between making the “right” decision and not letting heavy thinking get in your way?
- The 5 Emotions That Drag Us Down Or Shape Our Destiny
- Expectations: Is It A Human Weakness?
- Tired & True Ways Of Recovering From Setbacks
- People-Pleasing: The Price Of Being Too Nice And What To Do About It
Enjoy the Post? Please bookmark it and share it with others.Del.icio.usDiggReddit Stumble Tweet this!