Fast forward several years…
Wanting to get your way may have others define you as persistent, stubborn, hardheaded, or some other form of being tenacious. But the bottom line of other’s perception is of you is the way, the manner by which, you choose to try to get your way.
1. Explaining What, why, and howPeople start out skeptical. They want to know; what is this? Why will this work? Why do you want me to do this? Why are you asking me? What are you trying to accomplish? What will this mean to me? How will this affect me? How do I win?
Your ability to plausibly explain goes a long way towards getting your way.
2. Explaining what’s in for themPeople are more likely to be persuaded if they see how they win as a result of following your lead or seeing it your way.
3. Your sincerityYour conviction is part of their “buy-in-false” sincerity eventually shows.. and smells
4. Your believabilityAre you making statements that others can relate to? That others find conceivable? Conceivable leads to believable.
5. Your questioning skillsThis is one of your major keys to persuasion and getting your way. Not telling- asking, are you asking questions that relate to the other person? Questions about them, that make them stop and think, and respond in terms of you? Powerful persuasion starts with powerful questions. Ask their opinion. Solicit their expertise. Ask about their experience.
6. Your reputation precedes youReputation is so powerful, it can make getting your way an automatic yes if yours is exceptional or an automatic no if yours is “iffy”
No one single item from this list will complete the process. The more you master each of them, the more persuasive you’ll become, and the more you will get your way.
You will not get your way all the time. However, by polishing your skills, deepening your belief and developing a passion for what you want, you will get your way more often.
- How To Cope, The Next Time You Are Caught In Verbal Hurricane
- 12 Words and Phrases That Automatically Kill Your Self Image
- Tame Your Temper; 6 Tips That Actually Work
- 5 Emotions That Drag Us Down Or Shape Our Destiny
Enjoy the Post? Please bookmark it and share it with others.Del.icio.usDiggReddit Stumble Tweet this!