I have a friend who is a really good dancer. She recently participated in a dance sport championship and despite her training and preparation, she ended up fourth. When I talked to her after words, I could sense the disappointment when she told me, “My best wasn’t good enough”.....
In my experience, it's usually something of a personal nature that carries over into every aspect of our lives. Sometimes, no matter what we do, it's just feels not good enough.
“I study so hard but my grades are still low”
“I’m doing my best to make this relationship work, but it’s not going anywhere”
[your story here!]
Surely, you’ve had moments where you felt your best was not good enough? You felt helpless and couldn’t really figure out what to do next?
Well, here are some steps you can take when you find yourself such a situation. This is a list of options to consider; to help you decide what your next step will be.
1. Don’t quitThis may seem obvious but when you feel defeated, this is the first thing that comes to mind. You start questioning your abilities and wonder whether you are on the right track etc.
If you feel you have potential to improve, you need to keep working toward that objective.
2. Recite affirmations about your worth and capabilities.When you get that feeling of “not being good enough”, you start being your worse critic. The mind becomes a battlefield of negative thoughts.
Remind yourself, “I know I can do it”. If not, your inner critic will say, “Who are you kidding, you have never done this before. What makes you think you’re going to do it now?”
Read more on how to Give Yourself An Attitude Tune-Up
3. Evaluate what you need to learn and improveLeaving pity talk aside, what really is the reason that you feel you are not good enough. What are the things you need to learn, practice and put into action?
Is there a way to measure progress? Revisit your goals and ambitions; you need to develop a personal plan for continuous improvement.
4. Raise your standardsWhatever you have in life, you have got everything you deserve because the actions you have taken to date, have produced it. These are the standards that you have to set for yourself; until now, and until you do something different you will not get a different result. Only when you raise that standard yourself can you expect to raise your expectations.
5.Use motivational quotes to keep you goingI like to keep track of quotes that really speak to me and give me a different perspective.
I’ve written about it before. Check these out.. (in case you’ve missed these previous posts)
- 7 Effective Uses Of Quotes That Will Make You Memorable, Motivated & Healthier
- Inspirational Quotes To Get You Through The Toughest Of Days
Have you ever been struck with the feeling that you best wasn’t good enough? Howe did you recover? What did you do? Leave a comment and let me know.
- Getting Past Your Past, Is It Really Possible?
- The 5 Emotions That Drag Us Down Or Shape Our Destiny
- Are You Constantly At The Mercy Of Circumstances?
- Jumpstart Your Initiative, You Have Waited Long Enough
Enjoy the Post? Please bookmark it and share it with others.Del.icio.usDiggReddit Stumble Tweet this!