1. Be More ConsciousYou wake up in the morning, have a shower, get dressed, eat breakfast, go to work, return home, eat dinner, watch television, go to sleep ..(or something of the sort)
Do you repeat the same sequence of actions from Monday to Friday without being totally conscious of what you are “really” doing?
It seems as if every day is centered on 3 things.
1. Trying to get a handle on what happened yesterday
2. Trying to cope with what’s happening now
3. Wondering/Worrying about what will happen tomorrow
Days, weeks, months and years pass by. Each year, goes faster than the previous one. It seems "life just happens", doesn’t it?
2. Be More Time Rich!(When everyone around is concentrating on being Money Rich, Time Poor!)
If you haven’t figured it out already, "true wealth" has very little to do with the zero’s in your bank account. Yes, yes, I am not denying that you need money. The problem is, I don’t think any of us are satisfied and we will always want more!
As Tim Ferriss says, "the currency of the New Rich is time and freedom. Most people think they need to sacrifice their life, to get the money to achieve either one. Only when it’s too late they figure out they are wrong"
3. Be More Authentic(less “fake”!)
In this day and age, more and more, the tendency is to copy others; or try to be someone they are not while living in pretense. How fake is your smile?
You are unique in many ways. Be more "you"!
4. Read MoreNo, I don’t mean spending time on the internet reading gossip and other news! Ask yourself, what is it that you want to learn more about?
With everything that’s happening in your life e.g Facebook, twitter and continues updates, do you have "uninterrupted" time to sit and read?
Select your books and make a list of books that you want to read this year. I’ve already selected mine. Aiming at around 3 books a month. I will share my list in a future post and make myself accountable!
5. Take more care of yourselfMost of us know the basic rules for ensuring we don’t cripple ourselves at our desks. The problem is that often we not actually practice them!
Eat well, and by well I don’t mean scrumptious dessert and junk food! Yes, some of might need that to get by, but the point I am highlighting here is that there should be a healthy balance.
Exercise, get more sleep, rest and remember allocate some time “just for you”.
6. Be More happyI know that I want more for myself. You probably want to be happier yourself. However, most of us really don’t know what makes us happy. You think it’s the SUV, you always dreamed of or [your need here], but you will realize that even if you get that, you will only be happy for a while. How can you sustain happiness?
Go, be more happy!
Happy New year everyone!
- The Only Way To Stay True To New Year Goals
- Fast Start Guide To Enhance Life
- CTRL.ALT.DELETE to Enhance Life
- 7 Things To Be Cautious Of In Year 2008 And Beyond
Enjoy the Post? Please bookmark it and share it with others.Del.icio.usDiggReddit Stumble Tweet this!